Professionally designed email newsletters are a terrific way to communicate with a targeted group of prospects, clients or other contacts who want to hear from you. How effective is email for sales and marketing? Here are a few statistics demonstrating just how effective it can be as part of your marketing strategy.
- Newsletters are still considered to a great way to grow or maintain relationships, even during times when people aren’t actively making purchasing decisions. (Nielsen Norman Group)
- Email is 40x’s more successful at acquiring new clients than either Facebook and Twitter. (McKinsey & Company)
- You are 6x’s more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet. (Campaign Monitor)
- 70% of email readers open emails from a brand or company in search of a deal, discount, or coupon. (The Social Habit)
- 42% of B2B organizations say email is one of their most effective lead generators for targeting new clients. (Circle Research)
- Companies sending over 100,000 emails each month see a 94% return on investment. (MECLabs)
- When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate (66%), when compared to social, direct mail and more. (The DMA)